Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I made it through the last week of school before Christmas break! To be perfectly honest, it was a complete blurr. I can't believe how quickly it went by! Anyways, let's jump right in to our crazy week:

First our school had a door decorating contest and I got this adorable idea from Pinterest (of course)...

One of our Literacy Centre activities was a festive version of Write the Room. Rather them just looking for words already around our room, I "hid" pictures of the words all around my room to make it more challenging:

Despite the insanity of the week, I tried my best to keep curriculum in our activities. My kids love graphing and, if you're anything like me, you love an activity that is easily cross-curricular. These Sight Word Graphing worksheets from The Moffatt Girls are fantastic!! The pack includes all 41 Dolch sight words and can be used for either literacy or math centres:
(Click on the pic to grab a copy!)

The kiddies completed a Christmas Graphing worksheet that I made to help them practice displaying information, problem solving, and interpreting graphs:
(click the pic above to download your FREE copy!)

The last graphing centre I'll share/remembered to take pictures of is Reindeer Nose Graphing using black, brown, and red pompoms:
(Sorry, I can't remember where I got this...free TpT product?)

In the spirit of having the kiddies decorate our room, I had them complete this super simple wreath activity by ripping paper and gluing it on a paper plate with the centre cut out:

I had a zillion ideas for what we were going to make our families for Christmas and then my lovely fellow Grade One teacher next door shared this craft idea with me:
Her awesome husband cut and nailed wood together to make the snowman bases and then it was up to the kiddies to paint and decorate their wooden snowman. The hats are gloves; the eyes, nose, and buttons are foam; the arms are twigs; and the scarf is just strips of fabric from Walmart. They turned out super cute! Thank you Mrs. Montgomery!
Next we made cards to go with our gifts. I saw this adorable thumbprint idea on Pinterest...
I LOVE each and every one of them. It was surprisingly simple to make as well. Just brown paint thumbprints and then markers for antlers, eyes, noses, and ears. 

The last craftivity we did was one I stole from Abby Mullins:
It was cute to see all of their different responses:

Last but not least, here are some photos from our second Christmas Concert performance for the ladies and gentlemen at Princess Court (old age home):
("There was a little baby, Oh my Lord!")
("I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!")
("Mom says a hippo would eat me up but then teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian")

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone!!! See you in 2013! Enjoy all the snow if you have it!

11 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with your adorable reindeer!!! I will be doing that craft next year for sure! And I wish we got snow like that in California!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this technical world, we have a number of the messenger in the market, but we can’t say that every app gives required features to us
    telegram for pc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job making this informative blog. Here is website link for Fathers Day Images For Whatsapp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job making this informative blog. Here is website link for 4th Of July 2018

    ReplyDelete
  5. Co-Founder & COO of HYGH

    HYGH connects owners of public displays with advertisers in a-peer-to-peer
    fashion. The HYGH platform empowers everyone to become an advertiser,
    regardless of advertising competence and company size. Our easy to use app
    turns any screen into a highly flexible ad space, be it a tablet located at
    a convenience store checkout, a TV in a small shop window or a
    professionally mounted outdoor billboard on the Times Square.

    HYGH Website: https:hygh.tech

    Link to connect to FRITZ FREY:

    LINKEDIN: FRITZ FREY
    ABOUT.ME : FRITZ FREY
    FACEBOOK: FRITZ FREY

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Co-Founder & CEO of HYGH

    HYGH connects owners of public displays with advertisers in a-peer-to-peer
    fashion. The HYGH platform empowers everyone to become an advertiser,
    regardless of advertising competence and company size. Our easy to use app
    turns any screen into a highly flexible ad space, be it a tablet located at
    a convenience store checkout, a TV in a small shop window or a
    professionally mounted outdoor billboard on the Times Square.

    HYGH Website: https:hygh.tech

    Link to connect to Vincent Muller:

    Facebook: Vincent Muller
    Twitter: Vincent Muller
    Linkedin: Vincent Muller"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. List Crawlers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! It's great hearing from you and I hope you will visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...