Hi everyone!! I'm excited to be linking up this week with Blog Hoppin' for:
(I'm going to "steal" a few random facts from a recent blog post)
1) My name is Sam. Technically, Samantha Alexis Nowak (pronounced "novak"...my grandma is Polish). I was born on February 14 and I have a big sister named Stephanie:
(She's less than one year away from becoming a paramedic! ...I hope this means I get to go for rides in the paramedic van)
2) I moved waaaayyyyy up north (not really THAT far, but definitely far for a city girl) just to teach. There were next to no teaching jobs in the city so I dragged my fiance back up north to his home town. As terrified as I was at first, we very quickly fell in love with this place. How could you not?!
And, before I knew it, this became my favourite past-time:
I quickly learned: the more mud the better!!!
3) Speaking of the fiance, I'm marrying my partner-in-crime in Jamaica on February 12, 2014 (his birthday). We're a little nuts...
4) I danced 24/7 for 16 years of my life. I have my Royal Academy of Dance Advanced 2. My studio was competitive so I've traveled to places like Florida and Las Vegas for Grand National competitions.
5) I eat whipped cream out of the tub like icecream. DE.LISH.
6) The only "celebrity crush" I've EVER had is Jim Carrey. No Aaron Carter, no Brad Pitt, no Channing Tatum. I've only got eyes for Jimmy!
7) I love sketching and painting, although I haven't had the time in a while. It was always my favourite subject throughout elementary school, high school, and university.
8) I make my own red and white wine.
9) Last year (2012) was a *crazy* year: I graduated from teacher's college in April, moved up north, finished the school year supplying at a local elementary school, got engaged, and, about 2 weeks before the new school began, landed my dream job as a first grade teacher.
Those two weeks were spent in a complete frenzy trying to prepare for something I suddenly felt I knew nothing about...but it didn't take long for things to fall into stride.
(When I moved into my room, it was completely empty. This picture was a couple days before school started and, although it may look finished, there was still TONS to do!)
My first year was absolutely insane. Good insane, bad insane, I got it all!!! There were days when I was *loving* life as a first grade teacher: working at school until 5 and then working at home until 12. And there were days when I went home at 3:15 in tears, opened up my computer, and started looking for another job.
I thank God every day for the support from my school's staff (you guys are stinkin' AWESOME!); my family who put up with my stressed-out, over-emotional, borderline bi-polar behaviours; and the amazing world of teacher bloggers for continually renewing my love for this career!
10) Oh, and of course I have to mention CARLOS our minniature long-coat chihuahua. He's super important. So here's some cuteness before you go:
Like I said, I LOVE connecting with new teachers every day...you are all so creative and inspiring, and I can't wait to get to know you all a little better.
So, head on over to Blog Hoppin' to LINK UP and join the fun!!!
Here's what's on the menu for the rest of the week: